Monday, November 1, 2010

10 second brushers

I have a problem with 10 second brushers thinking that they are doing a good job of taking care of their teeth because they brush for 10 seconds three times a day. I understand that old habits are hard to break, but some of my patients won't even try to change. They get upset with my telling them that they are really not taking proper care of their teeth. It seems like a loosing battle. I am almost tempted to tell them that if they won't change their brushing regime, they should at least brush with a power toothbrush for the 10 second brushings. I have no idea if this will help them. I would like to do a study and see. I just feel I have to try something.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think it will not help if they, like my patient today, use the same power toothbrush head for six years! ;)

    ReplyDelete